In case you didn’t know the history behind the eye opening beverage, coffee is brewed and prepared from roasted coffee beans, which are the seeds of berries from the Coffea plant.
Many people can’t help but start their morning or end their day or meals with this beverage, resulting in a slight obsession with it. [GUILTY!]
In honor of #NationalCoffeeDay, I’m here to tell you ten things that you probably didn’t know about coffee.
May your coffee kick in before reality does!
- Coffee beans are actually the pit of a berry, which makes them a fruit. The best fruit.
- Coffee grows on trees. It can even grow up to 30 feet tall!
- Coffee is the second most traded commodity in the world. Oil is the first.
- New Yorkers drink 7 times more coffee than any other city in the US.
- Espresso is regulated by the Italian government because it is considered an essential part of their daily life.
- Caffeine cannot “sober you up” that is unfortunately a myth.
- Coffee can help you burn fat. Studies show drinking caffeine can increase your metabolism 3 to 11% and it is one of the few chemicals that can actually help with fat burning.
- Coffee does give you a buzz. The buzz you feel is from ingesting extremely small 0.0016-inch crystals of caffeine.
- Coffee can help prevent Alzheimer’s and dementia. Studies have shown that coffee drinkers are up to 65% less likely to get Alzheimer’s Disease, which is a leading cause of dementia.
- Coffee is good for your liver. People who drink four cups of coffee a day are 80% less likely to develop cirrhosis, a condition that develops from several diseases affecting the liver.