Dreams aren’t too big or too small for an individual. The definition of dream states that it is “a series of thoughts, visions, or feelings that happen during sleep,” and reality is defined as, “the true situation that exists: the real situation.”
It seems as though there is a fine line between the two words dream and reality. I believe it’s because they’re used so interchangeably. To me, dreaming is coming up with a plan of what you want in your life and where you want to go: shooting for the stars and aspiring to be the best version of yourself. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, why should we dream with our eyes closed when we can dream wide-awake.
Here are 10 steps to assist you in shooting those stars that you’ve been aiming for. Collect the real prize, a sleeping dream that you’ve turned into your reality.
- Wake up early
- Be confident
- Monitor your personal brand online (weekly or monthly)
- Network everywhere you go (business cards help)
- Keep a tangible AND online portfolio of your work
- Stay up-to-date with the news
- Do your research
- Budget your money
- Look for the positive in all situations
- Surround yourself with people who you want to reflect you