Staying motivated in college can be extremely difficult, especially when nothing is going your way. Sometimes it feels like you’re trying everything possible and doing everything right, yet you still fail. In the past, I’ve felt discouraged and given up. I think it’s safe to say we’ve all had those shameful moments. There comes a point in time though when you need to pick yourself up and “just keep swimming”.
Here are some ways to keep your head above water when you’re feeling down and discouraged with school or work.
- Stay organized: Keep your planner up-to-date and make sure all of your appointments and/or school work are in one central place.
- Maintain a positive attitude: Positive energy is contagious and it will help you and others succeed.
- Maintain your composure: Bad moods are a domino effect, keep it together.
- Do your homework: Homework both in school and at work is crucial. Know who and what you’re dealing with.
- Eat healthy and drink lots of water: This will help you physically feel better.
- Keep swimming: No matter how many times you sink, you should always swim back to the top.
- Learn from your mistakes: If you fail, try harder next time and don’t make the same mistake.
- Don’t ever let negative replies or feedback keep you down.