I am currently visiting family in Ithaca, New York and if you haven’t been here, it is a MUST SEE. The town is absolutely gorgeous, especially during this time of the year. I move to Manhattan in three days and start my internship in four. As I keep reiterating, I am excited yet nervous with anticipation.
Last week a friend messaged me admiring my blog, but insisted I forgot to add an element of college that was really important. FUN. How could I forget that balancing work/school with “me time” is crucial to success?
To calm my nerves, I’ve come up with six landmarks that I plan on visiting in the city. Below is my weekly post showcasing my “FUN” bucket list.
1. Empire State Building
– In 1931 it became the city’s highest building at 1,454 feet.
2. Statue of Liberty
– Although it will be closed until July 4th thanks to Hurricane Sandy, seeing this landmark never gets old.
4. Staten Island Ferry
– I’ve never been to Staten Island, plus I love boats. According to my research Governors Island is to the east, Ellis Island and Lady Liberty are to the west.
5. 5Pointz Aerosol Art Center in Long Island City
– This center is known to be one of the best places to view a 200,000-square-foot canvas of spray paint art.
6. Bronx Zoo
– As an animal lover, the zoo never gets old. It also helps that I’ve never been to the Bronx.
On a side note: If any of my friends are living in areas of New York listed above, please feel free to come along and be my tour guide!